A famous 37-year-old anti-mask was recently charged with Toronto Police accused of threatening to kill Premier Doug Ford and other Canadian premieres amid ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, according to newly obtained court documents.
On May 12 when officers charged the accused Chris Saccoccia, called Rob Carbone, an aspiring politician who listed himself as leader of the Republican Party of Canada (not registered with Elections Canada), and threatened to kill him, Ford, and all the country’s premieres.
One next news release Toronto police charged the accused, also named Chris Sky, of threatening to shoot people identified.
Toronto police have charged the famous anti-mask with allegedly uttering death threats, attack officer
Further details of Carbone’s call and the words used are not contained in court documents provided by Global News.
The police statement said the threats were reported by officers on Wednesday and an investigation was launched. The next morning, officers went to the York Region home in Saccoccia.
Investigators said he was riding in a car and tried to drive. As police tried to block the vehicle, the statement said an officer got out of his vehicle and tried to approach the accused.
Saccoccia allegedly overturned his car and drove the officer, causing him to jump off the road, before running.
2 charged by Toronto police for alleged violation of the Quarantine Act after attending a non-mask rally
After he was arrested, Saccoccia was charged with three counts of uttering death threats, assaulting a peace officer and dangerous operation of a car.
Saccoccia was released on Thursday on a $ 5000 restraining order. As for the conditions of his release, he was ordered to stay at his promised Markham house every night. He was also ordered not to be contacted or located within 500 meters of the Ford or Carbone except to face the court, to be unarmed and not to drive the car.
The allegations against Saccoccia have not yet been confirmed in court. He is scheduled to appear again in court in Toronto on July 8.
Global News contacted the lawyers representing Saccoccia on Tuesday afternoon, but a representative declined to comment.
A spokesman for Ford also declined to comment on the allegations, citing the court’s ongoing proceedings.
During the pandemic, Saccoccia had previous law enforcement encounters. He was indicted after allegedly violating the Quarantine Act in October for attending an unmasked rally in Yonge-Dundas Square after violating quarantine requirements following travel abroad.
Saccoccia previously traveled across Canada on the so-called “Freedom Convoy” where he spoke out against pandemic-related health restrictions and questioned the safety of the COVID-19 vaccine.
– With files from Jessica Patton
© 2021 Global News, a division of Corus Entertainment Inc.