New Brunswick reported 12 new COVID-19 cases Wednesday; announces options for AstraZeneca recipients


HALIFAX-New Brunswick health officials reported 12 new COVID-19 cases on Wednesday, as the number of active cases in the province fell to 140.

Of the new cases, three were in the Moncton region (Zone 1), involving two people aged 50 and one man aged 70. They were all close contacts in previously reported cases.

In the Saint John region (Zone 2), there was a new case, involving an individual over the age of 20 in connection with travel outside the province.

Four new cases are in the Fredericton region (Zone 3), involving two people aged 20, one in their 60s, and one in their 70s. One case involved a close contact. in one previously reported case, while the other three remain under investigation.

Four new cases are in the Bathurst region (Zone 6) involving an individual 19 or under, one individual over the age of 20, one individual over the age of 30, and one individual over the age of 70. All four cases involved close contacts in previously reported cases.

Fourteen people have recovered from Tuesday, and there are now 140 active cases in the province.

ILLNESS TRACE

The Chief Medical Officer of Health Dr. Jennifer Russell said Wednesday that New Brunswick allows residents to mix vaccines for their second dose.

Based on advice from the National Advisory Committee on Immunization, NB residents may receive a second dose of an mRNA vaccine manufactured by Pfizer or Moderna.

Those who receive AstraZeneca as their first dose may also receive the mRNA vaccine.

Those over 55 and older who receive AstraZeneca as their first dose, and eight weeks have passed, can book a second dose of AstraZeneca or wait until the mRNA vaccine opens for a second dose at clinics.

The province will continue to use AstraZeneca, but only for more than 55 years.

Information about receiving a second dose of the vaccine is expected next week.

ASKING THE PERSON TO BUY

Health Minister Dorothy Shephard said Wednesday, 64.5 percent of New Brunswickers 12 and older have received a single dose of the vaccine.

“While this is an impressive number, if we want to hit our first goal and move to the next stage on our path to Green next Monday, we all have to give by changing our sleeves,” according to Shephard.

The first phase of the New Brunswick plan also opens up to require 75 percent of residents to receive their first dose, and hospitalizations remain low.

All New Brunswick residents age 12 and older are eligible to receive a first dose of COVID-19 vaccine. Public Health encourages anyone who has not yet received their first dose to book an appointment online through Vitalité clinics or Horizon Health Network or by contacting a participating pharmacy.

The online dashboard of COVID-19 in New Brunswick provides an update on the number of vaccines given to date.

On Wednesday, 489,580 doses of COVID-19 vaccine were administered, with 447,530 residents receiving even one dose.

“Nearly two-thirds of New Brunswickers have received at least one dose of COVID-19 vaccine,” Russell said in a news update Wednesday. “That’s a surprising achievement, but we need a lot more. We’re using every tool we can to increase our vaccination, but we need your help to get us to Green. There are approximately 45 percentage appointments until June 7 that are currently not booked at our RHA clinics, so this is your call to arms – we need your arms, to fill the clinics.

New Brunswick has received a total of 583,225 doses of the COVID-19 vaccine as of Dec. 15.

CASE CONFIRMED AT FREDERICTON AREA HIGH SCHOOL

NB health officials say a positive case of COVID-19 has been confirmed by Nackawic Senior High School and notified to the school community.

Wednesday is a response day to the operation and learning will continue online on Thursday, June 3, and Friday, June 4. Families will contact families directly if there is an additional impact on learning.

Anyone with close contact with a case will be notified by Public Health.

NB COVID-19 CASE DATA

New Brunswick has had 2,227 accumulated COVID-19 cases since the start of the pandemic.

In total, 2,043 people recovered, and 43 people died in the province from COVID-19-related causes.

Today there are seven people hospitalized in total. Five of the patients were hospitalized in New Brunswick, including two with intensive care. One patient was hospitalized outside the province, in an intensive care unit.

Public health said 2,500 trials were completed Tuesday in New Brunswick, and 338,414 total since the start of the pandemic.

The number of cases is broken down into seven health zones in New Brunswick:

  • Zone 1 – Moncton region: 463 confirmed cases (42 active cases)

  • Zone 2 – Saint John region: 294 confirmed cases (four active cases)

  • Zone 3 – Fredericton region: 395 confirmed cases (79 active cases)

  • Zone 4 – Edmundston region: 751 confirmed cases (no active cases)

  • Zone 5 – Campbellton region: 185 confirmed cases (no active cases)

  • Zone 6 – Bathurst region: 101 confirmed cases (14 active cases)

  • Zone 7 – Miramichi region: 38 confirmed cases (one active case)

REMINDER REMINDER AGREEMENT

All of New Brunswick is under the yellow level of recovery under provincial rule.





Source link

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *