Kerala prime minister Pinarayi Vijayan on Saturday announced that the state lockdown has been extended till June 9 to curb the outbreak of coronavirus in the state.
“Even if the spread of the disease is declining in the state, we have not yet reached a stage to lift the bans. The lockdown will continue in all districts from May 31 to June 9,” the chief said. minister.
In the official statement, the government said, bans in the form of lockdown were enforced by the State from May 8 to May 30 to prevent COVID-19 surges. Consistent with further analysis of the situation, it was found that the lockdown should be extended until 9 June.
The order came on the day the state reported 23,513 new COVID-19 cases, 28,100 recovered, and 198 died in a 24-hour period. Active cases in the state now stand at 2,33,034.
Here is what is allowed and what is not
- Industrial establishments and production centers (including cashew, coin and printing) may operate with a minimum staff not exceeding 50% of the staff force.
- Constructions. stores selling raw materials for industries, including packaging materials, can operate until 5 p.m. on Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays with a minimum staff.
- KSRTC is allowed to operate minimum buses in industrial areas as per recruitment.
- Banks and other financial institutions may operate every Monday, Wednesday and Friday until 5 p.m. The 3rd to 5th, 5th and 8th of June-2021 will be hank holidays, and financial institutions under the Negotiable Instruments Act-1881. Clearing the houses of bank members can be done all day.
- Fabric, footwear and jewelry stores are allowed to operate from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays with minimum staff, due to weddings.
- Stores that sell student study materials including books may operate from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays with a minimum staff.
- Toddy parcel sale is allowed
- RD Collection agents are allowed by the National Savings Scheme to remit their collections once a week. They are allowed to travel every Monday for this purpose.
- All establishments., Stores, etc. will operate to emulate sectarian COVID protocols.
(With inputs from agencies)
Never miss the story! Stay connected and aware of the Mint.
our App Now !!